Protect LIUNA Members' Pay
LIUNA members are skilled workers who do the hard work of building America. Davis-Bacon prevailing wages ensure we earn fair pay and benefits. But non-union contractors are ignoring the rules, stealing from workers, and retaliating when workers speak out.
The Department of Labor has proposed a historic update to protect and strengthen Davis-Bacon prevailing wage rules that will:
- Ramp up enforcement on law-breaking contractors
- Stop wage theft and misclassification
- Implement anti-retaliation protections
- Modernize the process for setting wages to strengthen the wage floor
- Return to the more fair and accurate "30 percent rule" in setting wages (a wage rate will be considered prevailing if it was paid to at least 30 percent of workers)